Phlebotomists draw blood and bodily fluids for testing, research, transfusions and medical exams. They also spend time working in clinical and medical laboratories. If this type of career interests you, read below and learn how you can complete phlebotomy training in North Dakota. You’ll learn about classes, education requirements, certification and career outlook.What is All Included in Phlebotomy Training?
Phlebotomy training in North Dakota is usually a short-term program that can be completed in 10 to 50 weeks (one or two semesters) and results in a certificate or diploma upon completion. Phlebotomy is generally not part of a degree program. The training program combines classroom learning with lab studies and clinical assignments. For instance, the phlebotomy training at Bismarck State Colleges includes one semester of courses and four weeks of clinical training. Classroom courses may include medical terminology, First Aid/CPR, human structure and function, medical law and ethics. healthcare computing, phlebotomy and electronic health records. Some courses may be offered through distance learning.
The four-week clinical training provides the student with actual hands-on training performing phlebotomy procedures in an approved healthcare setting. To successfully complete the training, students must complete 100 to 120 phlebotomy lab duties and at least 100 phlebotomy procedures in patients of various ages. As a student enrolled in a phlebotomy training program, you may be required to submit to a criminal background check.
North Dakota does not have certification requirements for its phlebotomists or phlebotomy technicians; however phlebotomists how are certified may find better employment opportunities. Certifying agencies that offer certification exams include National Center for Competency Testing, American Association of Medical Personnel, American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians, American Medical Technologists and the American Society of Clinical Pathologists. When students are ready to take the certification exam, they can apply to a Pearson VUE testing center to schedule the exam. Once they’ve passed the computer-based exam, they’re given a certificate and have earned the Certified Phlebotomy Technician credential.
What Type of Career Opportunities Can I Expect as a Phlebotomy Technician in North Dakota?
Phlebotomists may find work in medical centers, clinics, diagnostic laboratories and blood donor centers; however, the majority work in hospitals. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) predicts that phlebotomy technicians will see an employment growth of up to 27% between 2012 and 2022 – a much faster-than-average growth for all occupations. However, as of May 2012, there were only about 390 phlebotomists employed in North Dakota. The annual wage of $26,060 earned by these medical specialists was slightly lower than the $30,950 earned by phlebotomists across the nation.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Ready to earn your business degree? If you identify with at least one of the statements below, GCU could be a good fit for you!
- I have worked in the business field for a number of years and want to further my education in order to qualify for promotions, leadership positions, and salary increases.
- I am graduating from high school and am interested in pursuing a career in a business field, but I first need the skills experience.
- I am interested in a Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree in my specialized business area of focus.
- I want flexible course offerings, such as the option of 100% online, evening or campus classes.
- I need a university that provides quality educational offerings through academic excellence and real-world relevance. Does this sound like you? Apply today!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.