Becoming a PhlebotomistBecoming a phlebotomist in Philadelphia will require that you go through phlebotomy training. Great places to find such training are through schools that offer phlebotomy certification in Philadelphia. For the most part, such training will last about six to 10 weeks. Upon graduating from phlebotomy training in Philadelphia, you will then be adequately prepared to fill entry-level phlebotomist positions. Before you enter into a training program, you will first need a high school diploma or something to its equivalency. Most employers will also mandate that you pass a background check. In addition, most will take a look at your health records, making sure that you are up-to-date on your immunizations.
Choosing a Phlebotomy Training ProgramAs you go about acquiring your phlebotomy certification Philadelphia, you need to make sure that the training program you take part in is accredited. If it's not, the credential that you end up graduating with may not be looked upon favorably by employers. It is the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences that accredits phlebotomy training programs, so you need to make sure that the program you enroll is is NAACLS accredited.
Earning Your CertificationAny accredited phlebotomy training program will include at least 120 hours of clinical experience as well as 42 hours of classroom lectures. Some of the main course subjects covered in a phlebotomy training program include:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Health care law
- Medical terminology
- National Healthcareer Association
- American Medical Technologists
- American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
Preparing for Your Certification ExamTo successfully prepare for your phlebotomy certification exam, you will find it very helpful to take part in hands-on workshops. Such workshops usually last anywhere from one to three days.
Continuing Your EducationDepending on your place of employment, your employer may mandate that you continue your education on a regular basis. If the employer implements this rule, most times, you will be required to obtain five to six hours of continuing education hours on a yearly basis. If you are wanting to use your phlebotomy training to transition into another healthcare position, the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians can help you with this.
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood Career Institute focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Medical Assisting - Associates Degree
- Billing & Coding Specialist, Associates Degree
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- Respiratory Therapy
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!