Becoming a PhlebotomistBecoming a phlebotomist in Philadelphia will require that you go through phlebotomy training. Great places to find such training are through schools that offer phlebotomy certification in Philadelphia. For the most part, such training will last about six to 10 weeks. Upon graduating from phlebotomy training in Philadelphia, you will then be adequately prepared to fill entry-level phlebotomist positions. Before you enter into a training program, you will first need a high school diploma or something to its equivalency. Most employers will also mandate that you pass a background check. In addition, most will take a look at your health records, making sure that you are up-to-date on your immunizations.
Choosing a Phlebotomy Training ProgramAs you go about acquiring your phlebotomy certification Philadelphia, you need to make sure that the training program you take part in is accredited. If it's not, the credential that you end up graduating with may not be looked upon favorably by employers. It is the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences that accredits phlebotomy training programs, so you need to make sure that the program you enroll is is NAACLS accredited.
Earning Your CertificationAny accredited phlebotomy training program will include at least 120 hours of clinical experience as well as 42 hours of classroom lectures. Some of the main course subjects covered in a phlebotomy training program include:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Health care law
- Medical terminology
- National Healthcareer Association
- American Medical Technologists
- American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
Preparing for Your Certification ExamTo successfully prepare for your phlebotomy certification exam, you will find it very helpful to take part in hands-on workshops. Such workshops usually last anywhere from one to three days.
Continuing Your EducationDepending on your place of employment, your employer may mandate that you continue your education on a regular basis. If the employer implements this rule, most times, you will be required to obtain five to six hours of continuing education hours on a yearly basis. If you are wanting to use your phlebotomy training to transition into another healthcare position, the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians can help you with this.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- For placement, financial and other important information, visit online.daymarcollege.edu/disclosures.
- Medical Assisting - Associates Degree
- Billing & Coding Specialist, Associates Degree
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!