Becoming a PhlebotomistBecoming a phlebotomist in Philadelphia will require that you go through phlebotomy training. Great places to find such training are through schools that offer phlebotomy certification in Philadelphia. For the most part, such training will last about six to 10 weeks. Upon graduating from phlebotomy training in Philadelphia, you will then be adequately prepared to fill entry-level phlebotomist positions. Before you enter into a training program, you will first need a high school diploma or something to its equivalency. Most employers will also mandate that you pass a background check. In addition, most will take a look at your health records, making sure that you are up-to-date on your immunizations.
Choosing a Phlebotomy Training ProgramAs you go about acquiring your phlebotomy certification Philadelphia, you need to make sure that the training program you take part in is accredited. If it's not, the credential that you end up graduating with may not be looked upon favorably by employers. It is the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences that accredits phlebotomy training programs, so you need to make sure that the program you enroll is is NAACLS accredited.
Earning Your CertificationAny accredited phlebotomy training program will include at least 120 hours of clinical experience as well as 42 hours of classroom lectures. Some of the main course subjects covered in a phlebotomy training program include:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Health care law
- Medical terminology
- National Healthcareer Association
- American Medical Technologists
- American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
Preparing for Your Certification ExamTo successfully prepare for your phlebotomy certification exam, you will find it very helpful to take part in hands-on workshops. Such workshops usually last anywhere from one to three days.
Continuing Your EducationDepending on your place of employment, your employer may mandate that you continue your education on a regular basis. If the employer implements this rule, most times, you will be required to obtain five to six hours of continuing education hours on a yearly basis. If you are wanting to use your phlebotomy training to transition into another healthcare position, the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians can help you with this.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!