Becoming a PhlebotomistBecoming a phlebotomist in Philadelphia will require that you go through phlebotomy training. Great places to find such training are through schools that offer phlebotomy certification in Philadelphia. For the most part, such training will last about six to 10 weeks. Upon graduating from phlebotomy training in Philadelphia, you will then be adequately prepared to fill entry-level phlebotomist positions. Before you enter into a training program, you will first need a high school diploma or something to its equivalency. Most employers will also mandate that you pass a background check. In addition, most will take a look at your health records, making sure that you are up-to-date on your immunizations.
Choosing a Phlebotomy Training ProgramAs you go about acquiring your phlebotomy certification Philadelphia, you need to make sure that the training program you take part in is accredited. If it’s not, the credential that you end up graduating with may not be looked upon favorably by employers. It is the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences that accredits phlebotomy training programs, so you need to make sure that the program you enroll is is NAACLS accredited.
Earning Your CertificationAny accredited phlebotomy training program will include at least 120 hours of clinical experience as well as 42 hours of classroom lectures. Some of the main course subjects covered in a phlebotomy training program include:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Health care law
- Medical terminology
- National Healthcareer Association
- American Medical Technologists
- American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians
Preparing for Your Certification ExamTo successfully prepare for your phlebotomy certification exam, you will find it very helpful to take part in hands-on workshops. Such workshops usually last anywhere from one to three days.
Continuing Your EducationDepending on your place of employment, your employer may mandate that you continue your education on a regular basis. If the employer implements this rule, most times, you will be required to obtain five to six hours of continuing education hours on a yearly basis. If you are wanting to use your phlebotomy training to transition into another healthcare position, the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians can help you with this.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nursing Degree Programs from Grand Canyon University's College of Nursing & Health Care Professions
- Degree Variety: GCU offers a full-spectrum of nursing programs including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, as well as post-master’s certificates.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.aacn.nche.edu-accreditation).
- GCU provides a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients: physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Depending on the degree you choose, you could take online, evening, or on-campus classes. Speak with an enrollment counselor to discuss your options!
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education