The following subjects are usually included in the classroom portion of the program:
- Basic first aid
- Basic sanitation and hygiene procedures
- Anatomy and physiology
- Proper blood sample collection
- Office procedures for clinics
Phoenix is home to several phlebotomy training programs. Courses are offered at the following institutions:
- Phoenix College
- Brookline College
- Maricopa Community Colleges
- Arizona College (in nearby Glendale)
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Phoenix
In addition to a successfully completed application, anyone who wants to begin a phlebotomy training course must first make sure that all of their vaccinations are up to date. This is because they will be working with blood and may access patients who have diseases such as Hepatitis A or B. In addition, some programs in Phoenix may require background checks and drug tests.
Job Outlook for Phlebotomists in Phoenix
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), phlebotomists in Arizona could expect to earn $15.17 as a median hourly wage and had a mean annual salary of $32,490.
Job opportunities for phlebotomists in Phoenix and the surrounding suburbs tend to be quite good. The overall national demand for phlebotomists is expected to grow by 27 percent in the next ten years due to the aging U.S. population. Given the high number of retirees in the Phoenix area, a career in phlebotomy could prove to be very rewarding.
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!