The following subjects are usually included in the classroom portion of the program:
- Basic first aid
- Basic sanitation and hygiene procedures
- Anatomy and physiology
- Proper blood sample collection
- Office procedures for clinics
Phoenix is home to several phlebotomy training programs. Courses are offered at the following institutions:
- Phoenix College
- Brookline College
- Maricopa Community Colleges
- Arizona College (in nearby Glendale)
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Phoenix
In addition to a successfully completed application, anyone who wants to begin a phlebotomy training course must first make sure that all of their vaccinations are up to date. This is because they will be working with blood and may access patients who have diseases such as Hepatitis A or B. In addition, some programs in Phoenix may require background checks and drug tests.
Job Outlook for Phlebotomists in Phoenix
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), phlebotomists in Arizona could expect to earn $15.17 as a median hourly wage and had a mean annual salary of $32,490.
Job opportunities for phlebotomists in Phoenix and the surrounding suburbs tend to be quite good. The overall national demand for phlebotomists is expected to grow by 27 percent in the next ten years due to the aging U.S. population. Given the high number of retirees in the Phoenix area, a career in phlebotomy could prove to be very rewarding.
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Phlebotomy Technician
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Diploma - Healthcare Technology and Systems
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Health Information Management
CTU can help you connect to what matters most: a powerful professional network, faculty who are real-world professionals and innovative technology. And now several CTU degree programs are ranked by U.S. News Best Online Programs for 2015. Are you in?
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Health Informatics
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!