The following subjects are usually included in the classroom portion of the program:
- Basic first aid
- Basic sanitation and hygiene procedures
- Anatomy and physiology
- Proper blood sample collection
- Office procedures for clinics
Phoenix is home to several phlebotomy training programs. Courses are offered at the following institutions:
- Phoenix College
- Brookline College
- Maricopa Community Colleges
- Arizona College (in nearby Glendale)
Requirements for Phlebotomy Training in Phoenix
In addition to a successfully completed application, anyone who wants to begin a phlebotomy training course must first make sure that all of their vaccinations are up to date. This is because they will be working with blood and may access patients who have diseases such as Hepatitis A or B. In addition, some programs in Phoenix may require background checks and drug tests.
Job Outlook for Phlebotomists in Phoenix
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), phlebotomists in Arizona could expect to earn $15.17 as a median hourly wage and had a mean annual salary of $32,490.
Job opportunities for phlebotomists in Phoenix and the surrounding suburbs tend to be quite good. The overall national demand for phlebotomists is expected to grow by 27 percent in the next ten years due to the aging U.S. population. Given the high number of retirees in the Phoenix area, a career in phlebotomy could prove to be very rewarding.
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Patient Care Technician
Arizona College prepares students to work in the 'real world' of medicine. With the use of lecture and laboratory teaching, we provide our students with hands on experience.
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!