Popular Phlebotomy Training Programs in Sacramento
- Elk Grove Union High School District Regional Occupational Program on Grandstaff Ave. Students must be at least 17 years old and the phlebotomy training course goes for one semester, allowing the student to earn up to 15 credits. A 40-hour externship is required, then the student must complete a national exam to get a state license. Classes in anatomy and physiology prior to the program are recommended.
- MTI College on Madison Ave in Sacramento offers phlebotomy training at the college level, providing a standalone program or an add-on to a medical assistant program. Following the course, students must take the National Certified Phlebotomy Technician exam, plus a 40-hour externship program.
- Los Rios Community College District on Spanos Court prepares students for entry-level jobs, with more than 70 programs, including one for phlebotomy certification.
- Other phlebotomy training schools just outside Sacramento include Folsom Lake College in Placerville, Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health in Stockton, Sierra College in Roseville and National Career Education in Rancho Cordova.
The annual median wage for phlebotomists on a national level is about $30,000 per year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, with the potential to make up to $42,000 or more per year. California in particular employs about 10,000 phlebotomists, featuring the highest employment level for this occupation. It is also the second top paying state for this occupation, making an annual mean wage of 38,430. Stockton, CA, is the second highest paying metro area, with an annual mean wage of $46,920.
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Billing & Insurance Coding (10-Month Diploma Program)
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Vocational Nursing