Popular Phlebotomy Training Programs in Sacramento
- Elk Grove Union High School District Regional Occupational Program on Grandstaff Ave. Students must be at least 17 years old and the phlebotomy training course goes for one semester, allowing the student to earn up to 15 credits. A 40-hour externship is required, then the student must complete a national exam to get a state license. Classes in anatomy and physiology prior to the program are recommended.
- MTI College on Madison Ave in Sacramento offers phlebotomy training at the college level, providing a standalone program or an add-on to a medical assistant program. Following the course, students must take the National Certified Phlebotomy Technician exam, plus a 40-hour externship program.
- Los Rios Community College District on Spanos Court prepares students for entry-level jobs, with more than 70 programs, including one for phlebotomy certification.
- Other phlebotomy training schools just outside Sacramento include Folsom Lake College in Placerville, Kaiser Permanente School of Allied Health in Stockton, Sierra College in Roseville and National Career Education in Rancho Cordova.
The annual median wage for phlebotomists on a national level is about $30,000 per year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, with the potential to make up to $42,000 or more per year. California in particular employs about 10,000 phlebotomists, featuring the highest employment level for this occupation. It is also the second top paying state for this occupation, making an annual mean wage of 38,430. Stockton, CA, is the second highest paying metro area, with an annual mean wage of $46,920.
Unitek College – About Us
Unitek College™ is a privately held vocational school dedicated to helping you gain the skills needed to advance your career or begin a brand new career. Your training at Unitek College will position you to take advantage of the rising demand for experts in allied health, nursing, and technology professions. Our programs include Medical Assisting, Dental Assisting, Vocational Nursing, and Bachelor of Science in Nursing: RN-to-BSN Degree Completion.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Vocational Nursing
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Billing & Insurance Coding (10-Month Diploma Program)