Tennessee has some of the best Phlebotomy training programs in the country. While it’s not mandatory to be certified in phlebotomy in the state of Tennessee, many employers are requiring it for hire. Many entry-level phlebotomist positions require prior experience. It’s difficult to get experience if no one will hire without experience. The best way to fulfill the experience requirement is to complete a phlebotomy training program with clinical experience. Becoming nationally certified as a phlebotomist makes candidates more marketable in Tennessee and other states. National Phlebotomy Certification requires candidates to complete a formal training program, several hours of clinical practice, and pass a certifying examination. Training programs are offered in and around many of the major cities of Tennessee.
This is a great time to pursue a phlebotomist career in Tennessee. There’s a 10 to 19% projected job growth rate. The average annual salary range is $23,000 to $30,000. Salaries are dependent on settings, experience level, formal training, and location. Chattanooga phlebotomists earn $27,218 compared to Memphis phlebotomists earning $29,988. The salary range for Tennessee phlebotomists is fifty percent lower than the national average salary. Cost of living varies considerably across states. The average home costs $73,000 in Memphis compared to $480,000 single family homes in San Diego.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Billing & Coding Specialist
- And more...
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte Tech!
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Turn Your Love of Helping Others Into a Career in the Health Care Industry With a Degree From Grand Canyon University Online
- Online bachelor's and master's health care degree programs.
- Flexible & affordable online programs designed for the working adult.
- Build a foundational skill set rooted in leadership, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Program in health care admin, health science, public health and more.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science with a Concentration in Nuclear Medicine
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Phlebotomy Classes in Tennessee
|Academy of Allied Health Careers||5600 Brainerd Rd., Suite C-3, Chattanooga, TN 37411||http://www.aahctn.com/phleb.htm|
|Allied Health Careers Institute||1800 S. Rutherford Blvd., Suite 103, Murfreesboro, TN 37130||http://ahcitn.com/Courses/Phlebotomy/|
|American Red Cross||6921 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville, TN 37909||http://www.redcross.org/ct/take-a-class/cna-and-phlebotomy-ekg-programs|
|Austin Peay State University||601 College Street, Clarksville, TN 37044||http://www.apsu.edu/|
|East Tennessee State University||PO Box 70267, Johnson City, TN 37614||http://www.etsu.edu/academicaffairs/scs/professionaldevelopment/career.aspx|
|EduMed Partners||907 Rivergate Pky, Goodlettsville, TN 37072||http://www.edumed-partners.com/phlebotomist/|
|Jackson State Community College||2046 North Parkway, Jackson, TN 38301||http://www.jscc.edu/academics/certificates/phlebotomy.html|
|Miller-Motte College||6020 Shallowford Road Suite 100, Chattanooga, TN 37421||http://www.miller-motte.edu/campuses/mississippi-campuses/gulfport-ms/141-phlebotomy-technician|
|Prepare To Care Training Center, LLC||750 Broad Street NW, Suite 201, Cleveland, TN 37311||http://www.prepare-2-care.com/CPT.html|
|Roane State Community College||276 Patton Lane, Harriman, TN 37748||http://www.roanestate.edu/?5632-Continuing-Healthcare-and-Safety-Education|
|Southwest Tennessee Community College||5983 Macon Cove, Memphis, TN 38134||http://catalog.southwest.tn.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=1&poid=13&returnto=47|
|Tennessee Drug & Alcohol||207 Gill Street, Alcoa, TN 37701||http://www.tndac.org/services.html#5|
|The University of Tennessee||554 University Street, Martin, TN 38237||http://www.conferencesandnoncreditprograms.utk.edu/professional/healthcare/phlebotomy.html|
|The University of Tennessee||1331 Circle Park Drive, Knoxville, TN 37916||http://www.conferencesandnoncreditprograms.utk.edu/professional/healthcare/phlebotomy.html|
|Vanderbilt University Medical Center||1211 Medical Center Drive, Nashville, TN 37232||http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/vumc.php?site=phlebotomyeducation|
|Walters State Community College||500 South Davy Crockett Parkway, Morristown, TN 37813||http://www.adulteddata.com/CDIhelp/resources/cpt-descr-TN_Walters_State_Community_College.html|
|West Tennessee Business College||1186 Hwy 45 Bypass, Jackson, TN 38301||http://wtbc.edu/diploma_phlebotomy_technician.php|
|Tennessee Technology Center||100 White Bridge Road, Nashville, TN 37209||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||1233 E. College Street, Pulaski, TN 38478||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||1100 Liberty Street, Knoxville, TN 37919||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||1303 Old Fort Parkway, Murfreesboro, TN 37129||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||716 McMurry Blvd, Hartsville, TN 37074||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|
|Tennessee Technology Center||355 Scott High Drive, Huntsville, TN 37756||http://www.ttcknoxville.edu/part-time-programs/phlebotomy|