Phlebotomy is one of the most in demand jobs in Texas' medical community. Several large training institutes and several smaller phlebotomy program in Texas make it easy to get trained for this profession and start working. Here are some of the facts on phlebotomy careers and training in Texas.
Phlebotomy training in Texas follows a national curriculum that prepares students to enter the profession. The training includes 2-3 months of hands on experience and course work, and then it culminates in each student sitting for a national proficiency exam. Students who want to become licensed in the profession need to complete their coursework adequately and then pass the national exam. A number of schools in the state have their own phlebotomy training programs, including Houston, Austin, Round Rock, and Waco. For more information on how to find a phlebotomy school in Texas, visit the following link: http://phlebotomisttrainingcenter.com/phlebotomy-training-in-texas/
The core of the course lies in learning to collect and analyze blood and urine samples. Students need to master the knowledge behind the process as well as the technical skills involved. Supervisors make sure that students learn each skill set correctly.
Phlebotomy Job Market in Texas
Now is a good time to choose a career in phlebotomy. Searches on traditional and online job boards turn up hundreds of jobs across the state of Texas. These jobs can be found at hospitals and at specialty health centers such as university medical centers or nursing homes. The salary for a phlebotomy technician in Texas is between $25,000 and $30,000, but this varies based on the city of the work, the type of clinic, and the amount of experience a technician has.
Choosing a Phlebotomy School
There are so many phlebotomy programs in Texas that it is necessary to be critical of each possible program. Some are better than others. Likewise, some prepare you well for the national test while others leave out critical parts of the training that you will need. It is always a good idea to make sure that your school is accredited. Before signing up with the school, compare the competencies that you'll need to pass the test with the course work offered at the institution. If there are some areas that don't seem to be covered, you should make sure that they are.
Talking with a representative from each institution can help you decide which school is the best fit for you. You will want to be sure to ask about the support you'll be given.
Schools that offer extra practice or reviews for students who aren't grasping parts of the material will prepare their students better for their future careers. The number or students per class is also a key fact. Those schools that have large classes may not offer their students enough one on one supervision. When class sizes are small, students have more access to help and can progress faster. Doing a good job in choosing a phlebotomy school takes time, but it's a necessary step to succeeding in this career.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Professional Massage Therapy
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Automotive Service Technician
- Combination Welding
- Diesel Heavy Truck
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!