Phlebotomy is one of the most in demand jobs in Texas' medical community. Several large training institutes and several smaller phlebotomy program in Texas make it easy to get trained for this profession and start working. Here are some of the facts on phlebotomy careers and training in Texas.
Phlebotomy training in Texas follows a national curriculum that prepares students to enter the profession. The training includes 2-3 months of hands on experience and course work, and then it culminates in each student sitting for a national proficiency exam. Students who want to become licensed in the profession need to complete their coursework adequately and then pass the national exam. A number of schools in the state have their own phlebotomy training programs, including Houston, Austin, Round Rock, and Waco. For more information on how to find a phlebotomy school in Texas, visit the following link: http://phlebotomisttrainingcenter.com/phlebotomy-training-in-texas/
The core of the course lies in learning to collect and analyze blood and urine samples. Students need to master the knowledge behind the process as well as the technical skills involved. Supervisors make sure that students learn each skill set correctly.
Phlebotomy Job Market in Texas
Now is a good time to choose a career in phlebotomy. Searches on traditional and online job boards turn up hundreds of jobs across the state of Texas. These jobs can be found at hospitals and at specialty health centers such as university medical centers or nursing homes. The salary for a phlebotomy technician in Texas is between $25,000 and $30,000, but this varies based on the city of the work, the type of clinic, and the amount of experience a technician has.
Choosing a Phlebotomy School
There are so many phlebotomy programs in Texas that it is necessary to be critical of each possible program. Some are better than others. Likewise, some prepare you well for the national test while others leave out critical parts of the training that you will need. It is always a good idea to make sure that your school is accredited. Before signing up with the school, compare the competencies that you'll need to pass the test with the course work offered at the institution. If there are some areas that don't seem to be covered, you should make sure that they are.
Talking with a representative from each institution can help you decide which school is the best fit for you. You will want to be sure to ask about the support you'll be given.
Schools that offer extra practice or reviews for students who aren't grasping parts of the material will prepare their students better for their future careers. The number or students per class is also a key fact. Those schools that have large classes may not offer their students enough one on one supervision. When class sizes are small, students have more access to help and can progress faster. Doing a good job in choosing a phlebotomy school takes time, but it's a necessary step to succeeding in this career.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- For placement, financial and other important information, visit online.daymarcollege.edu/disclosures.
- Medical Assisting - Associates Degree
- Billing & Coding Specialist, Associates Degree
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting, AAS
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
- And more...
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Cosmetology, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!