Are you interested in a career where you can be part of the medical profession and help prevent illness and disease? If so, you may find a career as a phlebotomy technician to be quite rewarding. Learn how easy it is to complete phlebotomy training in Utah and become a nationally certified phlebotomy technician.
What Does a Phlebotomy Technician Do?
A phlebotomy technician (phlebotomist) draws blood for transfusions and experimentation for the purpose of diagnosing and treating illness or disease. Their job duties may also include taking and documenting vital signs, preparing blood samples for testing, taking medical histories, explaining procedures to patients, sterilizing supplies and disposing of contaminated supplies. Phlebotomists may find work in hospitals, clinics, medical laboratories and physicians’ offices.
What Is Phlebotomy Training in Utah Like?
According to the National Center for Education Statistics, there are at least five schools that offer phlebotomy training in Utah. The training programs, usually certificate or diploma programs, can typically be completed in less than a year. As a phlebotomy student, you’ll complete courses in medical assisting procedures, medical office records and communication, medical asepsis and government regulations, electronic health records and taking vital signs. A major part of the curriculum consists of clinical education where you’ll receive hands on training performing actual phlebotomy procedures. The phlebotomy training usually also includes CPR certification; however, some schools may require it as a prerequisite. Prior to starting phlebotomy training in Utah, students are required to submit to a health screening and criminal background check.
What is the Career Outlook for Phlebotomy Technicians
Phlebotomy technicians are grouped under the category of medical and clinical laboratory technicians by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). According to the BLS, these medical professionals can expect an employment growth of up to 13% between 2010 and 2020. As of May 2012, there were 1,590 medical and clinical laboratory technologists and technicians employed in Utah.
Take your career to the next step with IntelliTec College. We offer programs for careers in the business, computer, healthcare, beauty & personal appearance, technical trades and exercise & wellness fields at our three campuses in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Medical Specialties (AOS)
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Gain Knowledge and Skills While You Earn Your Nursing Degree at Fortis!
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- RNs, join one of GCU's CCNE-accredited bachelor's, master's or doctoral nursing programs.
- Offering a full spectrum of nursing programs to fit your education needs and career aspirations.
- Online and evening classes designed to meet the needs of working students and adults.
- A holistic, physical, emotional and spiritual approach to patient care is taught in the classroom.
- Curriculum that connects classroom theories to working scenarios through many modalities.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- And more...
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Master's Healthcare Management
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nursing Administration
- Master of Science in Nursing: Nurse Educator
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
- Doctor of Education - Nursing Education
More Phlebotomy Classes in Utah
|Davis Applied Technology College||550 E 300 S, Kaysville, UT, 84037||http://www.datc.edu/phlebotomist|
|Dixie State College of Utah||225 S. 700 E., St George, UT 84770||http://new.dixie.edu/health/phlebotomy/index.php|
|Nursing Education Center||PO Box 1135, Bountiful, UT 84011||http://www.cnacareers.com/training/phlebotomyTraining.php|
|Phlebotomy Training Specialists||5248 South Pinemont Drive, Suite #C-250, Murray, UT 84123||http://www.drawblood.net/|
|Southwest Applied Technology college||510 West 800 South, Cedar City, UT 84720||http://www.swatc.edu/Health_Science|
|Tooele Applied Technology College||66 W. Vine Street, Tooele, UT||http://www.tatc.edu/programs/healthcare/phlebotomy.php|
|Oquirrh Mountain Phlebotomy School LLC||5284 South Commerce Drive, Murray, UT 84107||http://utahphlebotomyschool.com/|
|The University of Utah||1901 East South Campus Drive, Salt Lake City, UT 84112||https://app.healthcare.utah.edu/TrainingClassSchedule/course.htm?id=22|
|Salt Lake Community College||4600 South Redwood Road, Salt Lake City, UT 84123||http://www.slcc.edu/sat/programs/healthcare/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Utah State University||Utah State University, Logan, UT 84322||http://catalog.usu.edu/preview_course_nopop.php?catoid=4&coid=18009|
|Intermountain Healthcare||9660 S. 1300 E., Sandy, UT 84094||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||170 N. 1100 E., American Fork, UT 84003||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||905 W 1000 N, Tremonton, UT 84337||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Intermountain Healthcare||36 So. State Street, Salt Lake City, UT 84111||http://intermountainhealthcare.org/about/careers/training/Pages/phlebotomy.aspx|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||6013 South Redwood Road, Taylorsville, UT 84123||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||247 North 100 East Street, Orem, UT 84057||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||751 E. 150 S Professional Way, Payson, UT 84651||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|Rocky Mountain CNA School||51 East 150 South, Santaquin, UT 84655||http://www.rockymountaincna.com/about-content/phlebotomy-courses|
|The Utah School of Phlebotomy||4141 South Highland Drive, Suite 350, Salt Lake City, UT 84124||http://www.utahphleb.com/index.php|
|The Utah School of Phlebotomy||865 North Freedom Blvd, Provo, UT 84604||http://www.utahphleb.com/index.php|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||American Fork Campus ,766 East Bamberger Drive, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Orem Campus ,1410 West Business Park Drive, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Spanish Fork Campus ,1200 South Del Monte Road, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|
|Mountainland Applied Technology College ||Thanksgiving Point Christmas ,2301 West Ashton BLVD, UT||http://www.mlatc.edu/programs/phlebotomy-technician/|