Though it may not be as large or populated as other states in the country, Vermont still offers plenty of options when it comes to Phlebotomy Training. Phlebotomy is the area of the medical field that involves the drawing and transporting of a patient's blood for testing or transfusion. As a vital member of the medical laboratory, the Phlebotomy Technician must be someone who is organized, works well under pressure, and possesses great people skills. In addition, the Phlebotomy Technician must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. and certification and/or training in the field of Phlebotomy. In Vermont, this certification or training can be completed at a number of locations throughout the state. Though the locations themselves, as well as the costs associated at each location may vary, all of the training involved is what is required to become a Phlebotomy Technician in the state of Vermont.
First, the Central Vermont Medical Center in Berlin, VT offers a 13-week course, three times a year by the Vermont State College Technology Extension Division. This particular course costs around $550 which includes the required textbook. In Burlington, VT aspiring Phlebotomy Technicians have a couple of choices. The University of Vermont and the Burlington Technical Center both offer the required training and certification in this particular field. Another location providing the training and certification needed is the Northwest Technical Center in St. Albans. The courses here cost about $800 and entail 40-42 hours of Phlebotomy training. Vermont HITEC, Inc. also offers a certification course in Phlebotomy. The course here at Vermont HITEC consists of 432 classroom hours, 620 hours of out of class experience/work, as well as supervised labs and/or externships.
The requirements for training at all of these locations include a high school diploma or G.E.D. to get started, the cost associated with the course, the textbooks and study materials needed for that course, and specific grade and hour requirements that may vary depending on the location.
As the medical field continues to grow, so too does the need for properly trained and certified Phlebotomy Technicians. Throughout the state of Vermont, the average salary in this field can vary depending on the particular environment one works in (i.e. hospitals, private practice, government institutions, etc.).
The average annual salary for a Phlebotomy Technician in Vermont however, is right around $31,000. The need for Phlebotomy Technicians in Vermont as well as in many other states will continue to grow for years to come. With the addition of new health facilities and ever growing populations throughout the country, medical personnel of all types, especially Phlebotomy Technicians, will always be in demand. Even though the pay may not be as competitive as in some other industries or fields, the job security offered in this medical field can more than make up for fluctuations in average salary. The investment one makes into becoming a Phlebotomy Technician is one that will continue to pay dividends throughout that person's career in the medical field.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Assisting
- Billing & Coding Specialist
- And more...
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Phlebotomy Classes in Vermont
|Central Vermont Medical Center||130 Fisher Road, Berlin, VT 05602||http://www.cvmc.org/events/phlebotomy-course|
|Northwest Technical Center||71 South Main Street, St. Albans, VT 05440||http://www.nwtcace.net/Fall/Phlebotomy.html|
|Vermont HITEC, Inc.||156 Commerce St Williston, VT 05495||http://www.vthitec.org/main.asp?NewsInclude=NewsIncludes/FAHCITAR4.inc|
|Burlington Technical Center||52 Institute Rd Burlington, VT 05408||http://www.burlingtontech.org/|
|The University of Vermont||85 S Prospect St Burlington, VT 05401||http://www.uvm.edu/|