Students who are interested in the medical field as a career option may want to learn more information about phlebotomy training Virginia. Phlebotomists are trained medical professionals who draw blood from patients. There are many good phlebotomy certification Virginia programs from which to choose. Students just have to do their own research to ensure they are choosing a phlebotomy training Virginia program that will meet the criteria discussed here.
Like many other programs of study in the medical field, phlebotomy certification in Virginia will require students to take a specific curriculum of coursework. This curriculum is designed to help students learn about various veripuncture techniques and how to identify puncture sites on a patient. Students enrolled in this type of program will also learn how to collect blood samples, how to bandage a site after drawing blood, and how to preserve blood samples. Students can even expect to learn about anatomy and physiology as well as medical terminology.
Gaining Experience in the Field of Phlebotomy
Coursework alone is not enough to earn phlebotomy certification in Virginia. An established phlebotomy training Richmond VA program or a phlebotomy training Roanoke VA program will ensure that all students get actual practice drawing blood. This field training usually begins with exercises for training that do not involve human patients. Once students have learned the skills required for drawing blood by practicing on artificial limbs and other simulation models, they must get actual experience using real patients. There is no substitute for this portion of the certification process.
National Certification Exam
Once students have completed all of the necessary coursework for phlebotomy certification in Virginia, they must take the National Certification Exam. This exam must be taken and passed before students can obtain employment as phlebotomists. Before choosing a phlebotomy school, a prospective student should always verify that the school is accredited, so the student will be allowed to sit for the National Certification Exam upon successful completion of the phlebotomy program.
Choice of Programs
Students interested in phlebotomy certification Richmond VA or phlebotomy training Roanoke VA programs should know they have choices when it comes to choosing the right program for them. Some schools offer accelerated phlebotomy programs that can be completed in as little as a few months. Other programs, if taken on a part-time basis, may take up to one year to complete. Just like other educational programs, students enrolled in phlebotomy training in Virginia may be eligible to receive financial aid to cover the cost of tuition or books.
There are many job opportunities for students who complete the coursework required for phlebotomy certification in Virginia and who pass the National Certification Exam. Phlebotomists work in a variety of medical settings. Students can expect to find employment in hospitals, medical centers, blood banks, or clinics. There are both part-time and full-time positions available in this field. Phlebotomists are also needed for day, evening, and nighttime work depending on the shift or rotation desired.
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
More Phlebotomy Classes in Virginia
|Adult and Community Education: Fairfax County Public Schools||6815 Edsall Rd, Springfield, VA 22151||https://aceclasses.fcps.edu/CourseDetails.aspx?AreaID=10946&AreaName=&CourseID=f68734e4-a07a-4a47-a95b-33a43ebd71e5&ProgramID=32&CategoryID=10397&IsCourse=1|
|America School of Nursing & Allied Health||14914 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Woodbridge, VA 22191||http://www.asnahonline.com/|
|Career Training Solutions||10304 Spotsylvania Ave., Suite 400, Fredericksburg, VA 22408||http://www.careertrainingsolutions.edu/fast-track/phlebotomy-program/|
|Danville Community College||1008 South Main Street, Danville, VA 24541||http://www.dcc.vccs.edu/departments/a&s/Academics/Phlebotomy.htm|
|Fast Track Health Care Education||3201 Brandon Ave., SW Suite 8, Roanoke, VA 24018||http://www.fasttrackhc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=35&Itemid=5|
|Gee's Career Training Institute||1822 Featherstone Road, Woodbridge, VA 22191||http://www.geestraining.com/phlebotomy_technician.php|
|J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College||PO Box 85622, Richmond, VA 23285||http://www.jsr.vccs.edu/jsr_hmt/programs.htm|
|Medical Educators||4920 East Millridge Parkway, Suite 202, Midlothian, VA 23112||http://www.medicaleducators.info/News.php|
|medtech||6565 Arlington Blvd., Suite 100, Falls Church, VA 22042||http://www.medtech.edu/programs/short-term-medical-courses/phlebotomy-training|
|Mountain Empire Community College||3441 Mountain Empire Road, Big Stone Gap, VA 24219||http://www.me.vccs.edu/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=1654|
|Norfolk State University||700 Park Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23504||http://www.nsu.edu/vbhec/liveclassroom.html|
|Northern Virginia Community College||6699 Springfield Center Drive, Springfield, VA 22150||http://www.nvcc.edu/academics/programs/cat2011/programdetail.aspx?prog_id=3650&subprog_id=0&level=1|
|Northern Virginia Phlebotomy, LLC||42020 Village Center Plaza, Suite 120-144, Stone Ridge, VA 20105||http://northernvirginiaphlebotomy.com/allied-health-care-training.html|
|Salvation Academy||A4613 Pinecrest Office Park Drive, Unit F-G, Alexandria, VA 22312||http://www.salvationacademy.org/avaiplable_courses0.aspx|
|Southside Virginia Community College||109 Country Road 378, Alberta, VA 23821||http://www.southside.edu/academics/programs/default.asp|
|Southwest Virginia Community College||724 Community College Road, Cedar Bluff, VA 24609||http://www.sw.edu/catalogs/careerstudies/phlebotomy.htm|
|Stratford University||7777 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22043||http://www.stratford.edu/ekg-phlebotomy-technician-aas|
|Tidewater Community College||315 Granby Street, Norfolk, VA 23510||http://tcc.edu/academics/programs/ot/hst/MDL.htm|
|Virginia Highlands Community College||100 VHCC Drive, Abingdon, VA 24210||http://www.vhcc.edu/index.aspx?page=1056|
|National College||336 Old Riverside Drive, Danville, VA 24541||http://www.national-college.edu/academic-programs/medical/phlebotomy-diploma.lasso|
|National College||1515 Country Club Road, Harrisonburg, VA 22802||http://www.national-college.edu/academic-programs/medical/phlebotomy-diploma.lasso|